RKHUNTER reporting on my system

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Wed Apr 12 23:15:52 UTC 2006

> kles koe wrote:
>
> > why don't you just ask the author of rkhunter to update the hashes
> > for these packges?
> > i think i did once and it was fixed within a few days.
>
> I said I already reported this issue twice, but so far I haven't
> received any reaction and the latest version of the hashes still
> doesn't recognize these Fedora Legacy versions of those files.
>
> Nils.

Sometimes Michael (the rkhunter author) is good and quick at these, and
responds well, other times he never responds and ignores you.

I've been trying to get him to support Scientific Linux for over a year now,
sent him all the reports and outputs he needs to add support for the
distribution (he supports RHEL and CentOS, but for some reason not SL), I've
had him go halfway with the support (our emails get to the halfway point of
"ready to include in rkhunter"), then nada, no more responses.

I've also reported a bug with one of his mirrors (mirror13) which is broken
and holds rkhunter updates from 2005 (and fails my nightly checks for updates
as a result), he's acknowledged the problem and told me he's re-doing alot of
the way mirrors work etc, but the problem is still there and has been there
for 5 months.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bagging the guy, but just saying you're not alone
and it's something I've learnt to accept from him.

Regards,

Michael.