Announcing End of Life times (Fedora Core 1, 2, Red Hat Linux 7.3, 9)

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 4 19:10:30 UTC 2006

Quoting Erik Forsberg <forsberg+fedoralegacy at cendio.se>:

> I fully understand the background to this decision, and I would like
> to thank the fedora legacy team for providing support for these
> distribution so long.

AFAIK, FL is the last to drop support for these, as far as security backports
goes (as compared to updating packages to newer versions).

> Now, if I still need to have some RHL7.3 machines running, are there
> any commercial alternatives available to fedora legacy for security
> updates? I haven't any, but perhaps my Google luck is not good enough?

You can see if you can get a custom arrangement with

http://transition.progeny.com/

They killed off their support also, but their page leads me to believe
they might be willing to do individual support contracts still...

Other than that, I would think you are out of luck with 7.3 machines...
Just too old for anyone to take seriously any more...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!