Legacy wiki -- statement?

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.nl
Tue Dec 12 12:46:21 UTC 2006

Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> Well, apparently some hosting companies, like 1&1, are still offering
> their customers Fedora Core 4.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y4q3j3
> http://tinyurl.com/y7pj9r
>
> I guess we should try to make things more obvious, or we may be
> jeopardizing several servers on the Internet...

1&1 offer servers with the Plesk Control Panel. Until like two weeks
ago Plesk was only supported on FC1-FC4. They recently added FC5
support, but I guess Fedora is just moving too fast for something
like Plesk. Yes, you're reading that right: Plesk is still supported
on FC1. They don't tell you that FC1 itself has been EOL for some
time now. Note that Plesk is not particularly unique in this...

Nils Breunese.