Legacy wiki -- statement?

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.nl
Mon Dec 25 19:32:09 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:

> Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:
>> Mike McCarty wrote:
>>>
>>> Migrating them to what? That's my question.
>> CentOS 4. Why do you ask?
>> Nils Breunese.
>
> You seem to think this is a foregone conclusion.

I don't. But for my needs, yes, I have come to this conclusion some
time ago. I'm already running most of my servers on CentOS 4 and I
have been very happy with it. No problems so far.

> Well, I'm not moving to CentOS. I find the bickering and overbearing
> attitude of the "moderator" of the unmoderated forum for assistance
> to be unbearable.

I wouldn't know, I don't frequent the CentOS forums.

> So, I don't understand why you wouldn't understand why one would
> ask.

I didn't say I didn't understand why someone would ask. Maybe it's
that English is not my native language, but I was genuinely
interested why I was asked. If the answer for instance was: "Well, I
haven't made up my mind yet, why are you choosing CentOS instead of
Red Hat or White Box?" I could've for instance tell you about the
differences between Fedora, CentOS and Red Hat. You already seem to
know about the differences and apparently you have already decided
that you're not moving to CentOS. Well, that's fine with me too. Good
luck with migrating your machines!

Merry Christmas all!

Nils Breunese.