crazy thought about how to ease QA testing

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) nils at lemonbit.nl
Fri Feb 10 20:39:05 UTC 2006

Pekka Savola wrote:

>> That's the primary reason I haven't volunteered for testing for FC2.
>> I have an FC2 machine which I don't want to clobber. Isn't that
>> the *reason* Legacy exists? We don't want to clobber our machines.
>
> I'd suspect most folks should have dozens if not hundreds of
> systems running, and are willing to experiment with a couple of
> them (or have a couple of experimental boxes set aside) in order to
> get the tested updates shipped to the rest of the systems once the
> updates have been approved.

Well, I don't. I have FC4 on my workstation and plan on upgrading it
to FC5 soon after it's released. However I have couple of servers
running FC2 and FC3, though no 'spare machines' for testing. If I
could QA legacy packages on my workstation using some sort of VM
solution (which wouldn't take a rocket scientist to setup) I'd be
happy to help.

Nils.