crazy thought about how to ease QA testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Feb 11 02:48:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 18:39 -0800, Benjamin Smith wrote:

> Either way, automating this reporting process would:
>         1) Make it easier to do testing, and
>         2) Provide more extensive testing of a kernel than Mozilla.
>
> Jesse, what do you think of this idea?

This makes it even more complicated.  points?  how many are enough?
What makes one package more critical than another?  How ambiguous could
this be?

The issue here is that we need to lower the bar for folks to test on
other platforms than what they are using.  Continue to get quality human
testing on more packages on more releases.  If we can't get a human to
look at a package, then we shouldn't be releasing it.  If we can't get
enough humans looking at enough packages for a given release, we need to
drop the release.  We dropped 7.2 and 8.0 for these reasons.  FC1 is
next on my chopping block for when we pick up FC4 (and chopping FC2 at
the same time).