Pruning old vendor update packages?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Feb 11 15:48:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 07:59:54AM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >Ping!
> >
> >My mirror just hit the ceiling. Why isn't something happening? It is
> >just adding the --delete option to rsync, or to use the list I sent a
> >week ago. I reported this over and over again, it's very frustrating.
>
> How large is the partition holding all the files?  What rsync command
> are you using to sync your mirror?

What difference does it make what rsync command *I* am using?

The --delete option I suggested to use is for syncing the master of
downloads.fedoralagacy.org against downloads.fedora.redhat.org to get
rid of the obsoleted 2.5GB, this hasn't anything to do with the rsync
process master to mirrors (although these should have --delete anyway,
but that's off-topic).

Anyway, I'm now excluding these 2.5GB from downloading while praying
that my rsync scripts are still catching fedora legacy content.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net