no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Feb 14 15:07:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 02:31 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Ok then, it seems to me that there is no longer any distinction
> between the released repository, and the test repository.
> So, please send out an e-mail three days before the first
> "timed release" so I can pull a last tested version before
> removing the legacy repository from my yum configuration.

I appreciate your concern mike, however if we have people testing during
the timeout period, then there would be no untested packages.  If I see
too many packages go w/out testing on a given platform, I'm going to
drop that platform as not having enough community interest.  This is a
very self service project.  You get out of it what you put into it.