no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 14 21:24:30 UTC 2006

Quoting Pekka Savola <pekkas at netcore.fi>:

> There has been little or no discussion or proposals regarding doing
> away with QA to get to updates-testing, except for a couple of
> misunderstandings and an idea about "trusted fedora legacy [core]
> members" who could create updates-testing packages on their own (but
> there wasn't much discussion on that).

There may have been little talk, but there was talk.  And no one has
said no to it until I brought it up here.

> The current policy change proposal was about reducing the amount of QA
> for moving updates-testing packages to updates.

Actually, IIRC, it simply reduces the time to push it through...

> So, I'm not sure why we're having this conversation..

Because it was proposed, and until I started the conversation, neither you,
Jesse, I, or anyone else has denounced it or retracted it.  Now that Jesse
and I have denounced it, and you have said you are not pushing it, the
conversation can probably be terminated and forgotten.

> --

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin