no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 14 21:40:26 UTC 2006

Quoting Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net>:

> Then the Legacy Project has removed my ability not to subscribe
> to "testing".

No, the Legacy Project has _proposed_ to that, at least in your opinion.
It was followed by something like "unless we get a lot of objection" so
please, if you object, let it be known.

> Since Legacy is no longer in my yum configuration, it's no longer
> an issue for me, good or bad.

Yes, we lose a few people from the community every time this issue comes
up.  I guess the hope is we will gain more if we release more, but I'm not
sure it is true (hasn't been so far, as far as I can tell).

> I don't wish to subscribe to "testing".
> Since "testing" and "release" have been merged, I have unsubscribed
> from "release".

No, it was proposed that we merge them, but it is still under consideration,
and can still be blocked.  Your action is a bit premature.  But then,
considering some of the responses you have received in e-mail (like having
to pay to be notified) I don't blame you too much.

> If the security notices on FC2 get severe enough,
> I'll just move on to CentOs, Scientific Linux, or Debian. Since
> I'm already helping administer a Debian box, it might make sense
> to move to that.

Of course your choice...

--
Eric Rostetter