EOL planning

Lawrence 'The Dreamer' Chen dreamer at chen-online.net
Wed Jan 4 16:46:57 UTC 2006

Well, my previous employer probably wants RH7.3 to go on forever now.

I had made all the important servers RH7.3 -- 2 NIS servers, NFS server and CVS
server.  The NIS servers were 7.2, but I upgraded them to 7.3 shortly after
being informed that I would be laid off soon.  Now they have nobody taking care
of the machines, just automatic updates through yum.  Hopefully, they'll last
forever.

The company does have real RHELs running on its development servers, but kind
of goes with trying to develop and sell enterprise software for Linux.

Though one of my key home servers is also RH7.3, and have no desire to upgrade
it.

My last day was December 23rd....what a gift that was....

Lawrence, unemployed software engineer....