EOL planning (and observations)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jan 14 21:01:16 UTC 2006

I just used the wording at http://fedoralegacy.org/about/faq.php

| In short, Fedora Legacy will provide updates for any Fedora Core
| releases up to two versions back from the current release.

E.g. if the current release is FC4, then FL supports back to FC2
inclusive. Anyway, it's more important what people think today. The
quote above may be miswriten/misinterpreted.

> My understanding was that FC1 was to have been dropped when FC5
> became reality (or nearly reality) and that we would pick up FC3 at that
> time. [...]
> However, Jesse Keating indicated, and I tend to agree (admittedly
> for selfish reasons), that he is not willing to drop support for FC1
> when FC5 Test 2 comes out and we're to inherit FC3:

OK, I read this as no FL-EOLs for any distro until early FC6. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net