Fedora Legacy buildsystem

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 19:01:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 10:32 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > Mostly this is a side effect
> > of our current build system making use of apt for its package
> > installation steps.  In the future we will not need apt for this, so the
> > apt metadata step may go away.
>
> I've been trying (and failing) to get mock to work for a rh73 target.
> What does legacy use now?  What will it use in the future?

I think going forward plague is the answer, but it can't share the same
build machines as Extras currently uses for a variety of reasons
(security, system load, permission granularity, etc).  Anything that
prevents mock/yum/plague from being used to build packages for Legacy
will certainly get my attention and some of my time.

Dan