All rpm Commands Hang Indefinitely (RH 9)

Tim Evans tkevans at tkevans.com
Tue Jul 25 18:48:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:38:39 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote
> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 14:28, Tim Evans wrote:
> > In looking into this, I see all 'rpm' commands (even simple queries) hang
> > in the same way.  Man page doesn't mention it, but is there a lockfile
> > somewhere that's holding things up?  Or something else?
>
> rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*

Thanks.

# rpm --rebuilddb
error: db4 error(16) from dbenv->remove: Device or resource busy

The removed files have reappeared...
--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.    |    5 Chestnut Court
tkevans at tkevans.com             |    Owings Mills, MD 21117