Moving Mozilla to Seamonkey

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Thu Jul 27 22:56:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 03:42 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> In general, IMO,  Fedora Legacy errata policy should be to bump up to
> the newer upstream version on ancillary packages and backport fixes to
> only libraries or software that have other visible major dependencies
> and externally defined interfaces which are known to be used by third
> parties. If there isnt any opposition to this, I will add this piece of
> info to the wiki pages and FAQ on legacy.

Who is going to test the bump up to the newer upstream version? We have
tried this in the past and got hit by more bugs and more work than
simply backporting the security fixes.

How do we determine what's considered an ancillary package? Is Firefox
an ancillary package? What about PHP or sendmail?

Marc.