Rebuild exisitng errata for x86_64?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 4 05:38:39 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

>On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 10:51 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>The way I see it, Fedora Extras and Core already have access to PPC
>>systems and Legacy is meanwhile waiting for hardware donations. If we
>>share the infrastructure and we are well integrated, that shouldnt be
>>happening. This is not about shoving anything but tapping into the
>>resources available till we can separate it more in the future if thats
>>desirable.
>>

>This 'donation' could come from Red Hat, much like the Extras systems
>came from Red Hat.  The thing is we want separation now, so rather than
>get settled into a system and then move out later, we'd rather do it
>right to begin with.  Some of the resources can be shared, such as a
>repo of all the Fedora packages to pull from on a high speed link.  So
>think of it as adding a couple more systems into the existing
>infrastructure and just tagging them for use by Legacy.

I dont think legacy is going to be using the build system as much as
core and extras. It might be better to use a common pool of build
systems separated by access time or build cycles rather than a physical
allocation of individual build systems. In other words, does the current
model of separation serve any real purpose other than being
theoretically more clean?

--
Rahul