Good news....

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 7 02:57:39 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

>On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 16:49 -0600, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>

>>Hi Jesse, this is good news indeed.  Are you planning to have both of
>>those enabled by default, or will updates-testing be disabled?
>>

>None of it is enabled by default.  Fedora upstream still want users to
>make a choice to use it, however the path to make the choice is rather
>easy.  Flip a bit in an existing file and you're done.

Fedora legacy-updates-released repository should be enabled by default
IMO. Since the updates are not directly pushed into the updates-released
repository, users still have the option to disable it easily if they
dont want it some odd reason but the default should be favorable to non
technical end users and provide the updates in a smooth transition from
Fedora Core to Fedora Legacy.  Fedora Extras has repository has been
shipped enabled by default since Fedora Core 4 and I dont see a single
reason why Fedora Legacy is different.  Flip a bit in an existing file
if you *dont* want it and Pirut might add a graphical interface to do
that even.

--
Rahul