X-Chat 2.4.0 to 2.6

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 17:00:55 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net <d.terweij at nettuning.net> wrote:

> From: "Rex Dieter" <rdieter at math.unl.edu>
>
> > > Can someone provide a new version of X-Chat in legacy updates fc3 repo?
>
> > Probably not.  legacy updates is for security and critical bug fixes only.
>
> Hmm that sucks.
>
> Not 1 of all the FC3 repo's providing a new version. I use RH since 5.0. But
> sinds Fedora i dislike it more and more.
>
> Are there here people that wants create a *real* legacy-updates repo for NEW
> versions?
>
> I suggest to rename the current legacy-updates to legacy-security or
> something like that.
> legacy-updates sounds like just updates of new versions to me like the
> normal repo's also is doing rather then security shit..

I have been using Red Hat since 3.0.3.. and pretty much whenever a
release was frozen.. new stuff didnt get put into the channel. The
amount of work to try and do new releases of packages is not trivial.
Just trying to keep up with security updates is more than enough for
the few people who have volunteered to do any legacy work.

> Danny.
>
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator