X-Chat 2.4.0 to 2.6

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve guallar at easternrad.com
Wed Mar 8 17:32:41 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 11:46, Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net wrote:
> From: "Rex Dieter" <rdieter at math.unl.edu>
>
> > > Can someone provide a new version of X-Chat in legacy updates fc3 repo?
> >
> > Probably not.  legacy updates is for security and critical bug fixes
> > only.
>
> Hmm that sucks.
>
> Not 1 of all the FC3 repo's providing a new version. I use RH since 5.0.
> But sinds Fedora i dislike it more and more.
>
> Are there here people that wants create a *real* legacy-updates repo for
> NEW versions?
>
> I suggest to rename the current legacy-updates to legacy-security or
> something like that.
> legacy-updates sounds like just updates of new versions to me like the
> normal repo's also is doing rather then security shit..
>
> Danny.

It doesn't suck. This is what the  "Fedora legacy" is all about. Provide
bugfixing for existing packages in their existing versions.

And Fedora Core is supposed to be what it is: a fast-paced, fast-changing
technology-hotbed with a very short supported life.

If you cannot handle/don't like the release cycle, there are literally
hundreds of other Linux distributions, including CentOS (RHEL clone) or many
other rpm-based distributions.

Regards,
Josep
--