X-Chat 2.4.0 to 2.6

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Mar 10 16:21:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 04:37:58PM +0100, Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net wrote:
> From: "Mike McCarty" <Mike.McCarty at NOSPAMsbcglobal.net>

> You think every "user" reading that?
> Here a practical "user" example:
> - Hmm no more updates when  i do yum update
> - lets google
> - hey a new repo called legacy..
> - Ah here i found how to add it to my yum
> - Nice i get updates again
> But actualy it are not updates, but fixes/patches.
> -After some time, he finds out that newer versions are not delivered.
> -Finds alternate repos like atrpms dag dries livna etc...

These are not *alternative* or disjunct repos in any way. In fact
ATrpms highly recommends using fedora-legacy!

Fedora Legacy extends the life of your precious Fedora Core X
setup. If you need new software you can switch to Fedora Core X+N
whose life span will also be extended by Fedora Legacy.

You have the best of both: long-term stability with the legacy support
and fresh software with often distribution releases. It's your choice.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net