upgrade from RHL 7.2 to 7.3

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Mar 16 12:46:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Cyril Zlachevsky wrote:
> My question is - it is safe to upgrade 7.2 to 7.3 by apt-get like this way?

The list below doesn't seem to include a kernel update.. you should
make sure you'll be updating it too...

I made some 7.2 -> 7.3 updates many years ago using "autoupdate".  It
went smoothly for servers.  Additionally, I converted ext2 partitions
to ext3 if they weren't already, and went through the rpmnew/rpmsave
files that resulted from the update.