My personal patch for sendmail 8.12.8 on RedHat 9

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Thu Mar 23 22:09:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Adam Gibson wrote:

> Adam Gibson wrote:
> > This has been working since yesterday around 4pm EST on a medium load
> > server without issues.
> >
> > The offical 8.12.11 patch which does not apply properly on 8.12.8 is on
> > the main sendmail.org site for reference.
> >
> > Anyone here any new news about an official legacy patch?
>
> Ignore this patch since legacy already has a test update available that
> upgrades sendmail to 8.12.11 (Much better solution instead of worrying
> about the ramifications of back-porting the changes).
>
> BTW... legacy email list takes 7+ hours for list emails to get to me so
> I didn't see the announcement before I sent my original email.  I have
> noticed this for the past few days(before my patch :)... anyone else
> seeing a major lag in list emails?

Hi Adam,

One of the reasons your original post with the patch didn't make it out on
the list yet is that it was around 70 kiB in size, and the list software
is set up to allow only 40kiB without moderation.  So it is being held for
moderation.  We can either release that note to the list or reject/discard
that post.  It's not like it's 1 MB post or anything.  :)

What would you prefer that we do?

	Regards,
	David Eisenstein