BT RANT, Was Re: Question about yum.conf for fc2

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Mar 24 21:11:18 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 06:10, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:
>Jeff Sheltren wrote:
>> On Mar 23, 2006, at 8:37 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Yum is rather continuously erroring out on fedora extras, both
>>> branches
>>> recently.  Do I need to edit that line and send it someplace else
>>> now?
>>
>> Gene, as far as I know Fedora Extras has only ever been FC3 and
>> up.  What URL(s) are you referring to?
>
>Maybe he's talking about the fedora.us days?
>
>Nils.

At this point its all moot, I've manage to find and install the newer
sendmail on both machines.  And trying to carry on a meaningfull
conversation about a problem if to be frank, is fscking nuts when the
lag is approaching 36 hrs to get a message, its reply, and this reply
back into the mailboxes of everyone concerned.

Don't take me wrong, I have appreciated attempts to help, but the
mailserver lags have rendered its usefullness to somewhere in the range
of that of tits on a boar hog since FC5 was released.

If its shareing a pipeline with the FC5 downloads, that's just more
evidence that there should be more people using torrents AND leaving it
seeding when they are done.  I'm seeding both the cd and the dvd right
now, so I don't feel like I'm contributing to the problem.  FWIW,
azureus says I'm the ONLY ONE seeding the dvd right now, and the ratio
is now well above 1.1, so I AM doing my part.  And I note that the seed
count for the cd's where the ratio is now at 1.2 something is bouncing
between 0 and 1.  If I'm the only one seeding then of course all you
are going to hear is bitches about the poor BT bandwidth.

What the hecks the matter with you folks?  Take Take Take, but never
give back in kind. I just raised the speed limit to about 90% of my
bandwidth, but thats still not enough to feed other hungry torrents.
So if you have it, give it back.  Fire up that client and share!

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: