New sendmail and missing /usr/lib/sendmail

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Mar 26 03:43:42 UTC 2006

Quoting Michael Kratz <mkratz at internode.com.au>:

>> Can you tell what was different between the old .cf and the new one?
>
> The new cf appeared to be a 'fresh' default config file.
>
> i.e. only bound to localhost, all my amavis and rbl stuff was missing, etc.

I don't doubt this.  I just wanted to make sure about it...

I didn't pay much attention to the problems I had...  I just got in the
habit of recovering the sendmail.mc if needed, and rebuilding the sendmail.cf
from the sendmail.mc whether it was needed or not...

After all, I had to do this update on about 100 machines, and since the
update was already QA'd, I just didn't bother taking notes on which machines
failed and why, and which machines didn't fail and why...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!