sendmail upgrade issues

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Mar 26 18:03:16 UTC 2006

Quoting Marc Deslauriers <marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca>:

>> > I think I might have one for immediate access.  I might also have another
>> > one but I won't have access to it until probably Wednesday.
>
> Do you think you could do a "rpm -Uvvv" so we could get the output. If
> it goes wrong, we'll have something to look at.
>
> Marc.

Well, sorry, I messed it up.  I did:

"rpm -Fhvvv sendmail*.rpm | tee /tmp/sendmail.log"

Which gave me almost nothing...  I should have done:

"rpm -Fhvvv sendmail*.rpm 2>&1 | tee /tmp/sendmail.log"

instead. My scrollback buffer isn't big enough to catch the output completely.

Later, I'll see if I can't reverse the changes and try again, but that won't
be for a while...

BTW, do you want me to do this with the released update or with the one
proposed for QA?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics