Sendmail Patch Breaks Virtusertable Settings

Ralph Bearpark rbearpark.nospam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 20:16:13 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Pekka Savola <pekkas at netcore.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Ralph Bearpark wrote:
> > Do I get my config file from backup?  Or re-do m4?  Or await a new
> > patch?  Or what?
> >
> > A clear statement of advice - either here in the maillist or under
> > advisories (http://www.fedoralegacy.org/updates/FC1/) would be very
> > welcome/necessary.
>
> If you could test with the packages at:
>
> http://turbosphere.fedoralegacy.org/logs/fedora-1-core/69-sendmail-8.12.11-4.25.3.legacy/
>
> , and report success/failure, it would be very helpful.

Sorry, but I was more concentrated on getting my system running again ASAP.

I restored the sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf  files from my backup and
was surprised to find them unchanged post-patch.  It seems the patch
didn't actually change these config files (contrary to reports
hereabouts).

Then I looked into the virtusertable.  I did a new makemap of the
virtusertable.db and was surprised when the catch-all addresses
started to work again.

I am left wondering if this sendmail patch actually wiped virtusertable.db.

But why would it do that?

Regards, Ralph.