New sendmail breaks ability to mail to *@mmode.com

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Mar 30 02:43:30 UTC 2006

On Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:11 PM -0800 "David M. Shirley"
<david at staff.webquarry.com> wrote:

> How does one rollback to a previous rpm?  I must confess I have
> forgotten.

I always run "rpm --help" to remember. The switch you want is --oldpackage.
It tells RPM that it's acceptable to "update" to a package with a lower
version/release number.

I tar up /etc/mail and the random sendmail config files not yet moved there
(eg. aliases and smrsh) before doing an upgrade. I then unpack it to /tmp
and diff it to the upgrade aftermath to see what it changed. Usually it's
harmless but this sounds like a case where the practice will be valuable.