Fedora products, to upgrade rather than backport?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon May 15 19:20:22 UTC 2006

So in the RHL space, the choice was clear.  Backport whenever possible.
However the Fedora landscape is different.  "Upstream" Core does not do
backporting, they more often than not version upgrade to resolve
security issues.  Why should Legacy be any different?  If we want to be
transparent to end users we should follow what "upstream" does.

Flames?  Thoughts?