Fedora products, to upgrade rather than backport?

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) nils at lemonbit.nl
Tue May 16 00:38:57 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 16:12 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>> You can though think it does make sense to change the handling
>> because
>> it is EOL, independent of who is touching it.  EOL means end of
>> development
>> which means end of upgrades, at least to some.
>
> Can we agree to not use the term EOL in this way?  I made a huge
> mistake
> in starting this trend.  We really should be looking at 'EOL' as when
> _we_ stop touching it.

Maybe the front page of fedoralegacy.org should be changed as well
then. It currently reads: "(...) The goal of The Fedora Legacy
Project is to work with the Linux community to provide security and
critical bug fix errata packages for select End of Life Red Hat Linux
and Fedora Core distributions. (...)"

Nils Breunese.