Fedora products, to upgrade rather than backport?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue May 16 14:36:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 10:06 -0400, James Kosin wrote:
> -James

1, 2, and 3, are totally great points for backport vs upgrade.  I don't
even begin to think that upgrading is a better solution.  However I'm
going for consistency with what our 'upstream' is doing.  The Fedora
project doesn't backport when it isn't easy, preferring to upgrade.  I'm
proposing that when we take over maintenance we do the same, when easy.