nails in coffins? Re: Openssl updates

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.nl
Thu Nov 30 14:59:55 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:

> If some statement from legacy is needed about FC3/FC4 before that
> decision is made (which IMHO is needed), how about something along a
> heading of
>
>   "Fedora Legacy is ending its current support model working towards
>    direct involvement in maintenance of upcoming Fedora releases in
>    FL's spirit of extending lifetimes of Fedora releases. Within this
>    anticipated release model there will be no distinction between FL
>    and other entities."
>
> We don't pre-announce anything that hasn't been decided on, but still
> show where FL is heading to.
>
> It's better than simply hanging a "closed" sign upfront the
> website. :)

But FC3/4 admins reading this statement might think their versions
are still supported somehow. At least I don't see 'FC3 and FC4 are
effectively EOL right now' between the lines and I think people
should know plans have changed and they aren't getting any updates
anymore.

I think it's sad Fedora Legacy seems to be ending a little
prematurely, but I totally understand that the people that were
carrying this dying beast have decided to just put it down and let it
be. Unfortunately I will have to be migrating our last Fedora servers
over to CentOS even sooner now...

Thanks for all the work guys,

Nils Breunese.