Fedora Legacy shutting down

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.nl
Sun Feb 4 13:09:06 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 January 2007 11:06, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>> Fixed on www.fedoralegacy.org, but not on download.fedoralegacy.org.
>>
>>> Can someone please change these? They're both very small changes,
>>> but
>>> I think it's best not to confuse people now.
>>
>> Jesse will have to do download.fedoralegacy.org.
>
> The plan for download.fedoralegacy.org is to point it at the document
> describing the project status with a pointer to the last known
> mirror list.
> This way repos will break, people will go to the URL to see whats
> up, notice
> the project closure, and reconfigure for one of the mirrors if they
> still
> need updates, and make informed decisions regarding their system's
> future.

So download.fedoralegacy.org is down now, but there is no document
there describing the project status. Of course people should be
looking at www.fedoralegacy.org after trying
download.fedoralegacy.org, but can a page a like still be put up?

Also I'd like to know if there's a list of mirrors that will continue
to be available for a while. If not I'd like to know how I can rsync
all packages created by the Fedora Legacy Project without also
rsyncing the packages that are still available at
download.fedora.redhat.com. Most packages have legacy in their
filename, but I believe some do not. Can anyone shed some more light
on this?

I'd like to have the Fedora Legacy archive available because
sometimes I have start managing an old Fedora box and I like to be
able to at least get the latest legacy fixes on them directly as
planning a migration takes a little time.

Thanks,

Nils Breunese.