[Fedora-legal-list] Encryption Export Control Documentation

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Mon Dec 10 20:04:24 UTC 2007

Dear Fedora-Legal:

My name is Michael Stone and I'm providing tech support for OLPC's legal
team as they prepare a filing to request a 'mass-market product'
classification (ECCN 5D992) from the United States' Bureau of Industry
and Security. Specifically, I'm assisting them in filling out Supplement
No. 6 to part 742 of the Export Administration Regulations [1].

I'm writing to you because I'm wondering if Fedora has already prepared
technical documentation (e.g. lists of algorithms, keyspaces, API
documentation, etc.) that can be re-used as a part of OLPC's filing. If
so, any pointers to these documents would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael

[1] Sup. 6, 742 EAR: http://www.bis.doc.gov/encryption/sup6_742.pdf