[Fedora-legal-list] GPL with font exception

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 08:28:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

How should we treat GPLv2 + with font embedding exception?
Can it be denoted just "GPLv2"?

I am asking in the context of wqy-bitmap-fonts.
Currently the package carries GPL v2 COPYING and
the font source files state:

COMMENT     	Copyright: (C)2004-2007, The WenQuanYi Project
COMMENT     		   Board of Trustees and Qianqian Fang
COMMENT     	License  : GPL v2.0 (with font embedding exception)

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#FontException

I guess it would be good to include the exception text in the tarball
too.  The author has communicated that he prefers to keep it at GPL v2.0
for now.

Thanks, Jens