[Fedora-legal-list] NPO in the Fedora Project

Fabian Affolter fab at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 23 21:53:30 UTC 2008

Hi all,

We have a NPO [1][2] in the 'ambassadors' group.  According to the CLA
there is no problem that the contributor is a legal entity.  And inside
FAmSCo we didn't see any obstacles when an "ambassadors" consist of many
humans.

I just want to make sure that we aren't running into legal problems in
the future because we don't know if the person who sign the CLA in the
name of the NPO or NGO is authorized to do that.  For instance, Fedora
EMEA e. V. have a point in the statutes that administer the signing power.

Kind regards,

Fabian

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Lankanet
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/view/lankanet

Kind regards,

Fabian

--
Fingerprint: 2F6C 930F D3C4 7E38 6AFA 4EB4 E23C D2DD 36A4 397F

Fedora always leads and never follows.