[Fedora-legal-list] CVC3 License

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 21:01:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 14:48 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> The CVC3 project [1] has a license [2] that is mostly New BSD (no
> advertising), but differs from it in a few ways.  In particular, I am
> concerned about clause #3.  Is this license acceptable for Fedora?

Hmm. I need to double check with the lawyers, but I suspect it is. Can
you email Clark Barrett and see if he is willing to give you (assuming
you'd be the Fedora maintainer) written permission to use the CVC3
"trademark" with Fedora's modifications, past/present/future, as needed,
or if he would need to approve each modification before we could apply
it, in order to use the "CVC3" name?

Thanks,

~spot