[Fedora-legal-list] CeCILL licence

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Thu Oct 9 19:31:53 UTC 2008

Hi.

SciLab has changed its licence to CeCILLv2[1], which claims to be GPLv2+
compatible. I tried reading it and it gave me a headache. It seems
to contain a few dubious passages[2]. Could RH Legal have a look at it
and decide if it's OK to include code licensed under it in Fedora?

Ideally, I'd like to have an answer for all four licences listed on
this page, but CeCILLv2 would suffice for now.

Thanks,
R.

[1] http://www.cecill.info/licences.en.html
[2] In particular: second paragraph of Article 5, last paragraph of 6.4
    and Article 9.4

"Faith manages."