[Fedora-legal-list] Re: About breaking GPL license and copyrights on Fedora Core.

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:49:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:

> Looks like they're distributing some source code. Are there specific
> areas of concern?

According to the website, the software requires activation and payment
to use it beyond 30 days. My main concern was that this *may* run
afoul of section 6 of GPLv3 if there's any GPLv3 licensed software in
there, but IANAL and that language is sort of murky to me.

Other than that, I'm not sure that there's any real concern. I'm
downloading a copy of the software now to check for de-branding
issues, etc. Will report back with findings.