[Fedora-legal-list] License for programs and data that can only be used in GPL/LGPL/BSD/PD applications?

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 00:39:17 UTC 2009

Hi,
I am interested in importing voice data of gcin (Yet another Chinese input system) to Fedora.
However, the README of the voice data states (translated to English):

This data is recorded by sprec. This voice data can only be used in
GPL, LGPL, BSD and Public Domain software.
Data files converted/extended from this voice data should also follow this term.

What license should we put for this kind of software/data?

Regards,

--
Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer