[Fedora-legal-list] "Old Style with legal disclaimer 4" MIT license

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 19:00:01 UTC 2009

On 08/20/2009 02:36 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> TC> Upstream is wrong. Please tag it as MIT.
>
> I believe in that case that the license tag on the postgresql package is
> also incorrect:

Yeah, that is definitely MIT rather than BSD, even though the PostgreSQL
folks think it is BSD.

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion around BSD vs MIT, and while
they have the same general license compatibility with respect to things
like GPL, they are not the same license.

I've fixed Postgresql's tag in CVS, there should be no need to push
updates for it simply to fix this tag, but any future updates should
retain the fixed license tag.

~spot