[Fedora-legal-list] Legal CD/DVD/BD writing software for RedHat and Fedora

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 19:13:51 UTC 2009

On 08/13/2009 12:56 PM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Does your response mean that we need to consider redhat to be OSS hostile?

On the contrary, I would consider that dealing with you, personally, is
a futile endeavour. Fedora remains committed to Free Software, and
should you choose to resolve the inherent incompatibilities with the
licensing you have chosen in your software, will happily consider
including it in Fedora.

However, as you clearly disagree with the assessments of Red Hat's legal
team (all of whom are lawyers), as well as the Free Software
Foundation's legal team (all of whom are lawyers), I see no further
productive outcome in continuing to converse with you, especially as you
continue to draw incorrect conclusions while simultaneously making
irrelevant points, citing irrelevant documents, and making personal attacks.

I would in fact go so far as to state that it is you, and your actions,
which are "OSS hostile". Accordingly, this will be my last post on this
thread, and I recommend that others also refrain from "feeding the troll".

~tom