[Fedora-legal-list] Re: sRGB ICC profiles in Fedora

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:28:43 UTC 2009

2009/12/4 Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> I have a legal question regarding distributing Abobe RGB ICC profiles in Fedora.

Another email about profiles (sorry!), just a different licence this time.

I want to ship the official ICC sRGB profiles available here in
Fedora: http://www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter

This states:

Terms of use:
To anyone who acknowledges that the file "sRGB_v4_ICC_preference.icc"
is provided "AS IS" WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, permission to
use, copy and distribute this file for any purpose is hereby granted
without fee, provided that the file is not changed including the ICC
copyright notice tag, and that the name of ICC shall not be used in
advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software
without specific, written prior permission. ICC makes no
representations about the suitability of this software for any
purpose.

Suitable for Fedora or one for rpmfusion? Thanks.

Richard.