[Fedora-legal-list] GPC License

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 18:27:54 UTC 2009

On 2009-02-26 at 13:21:01 -0500, Eric Moret <eric.moret at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I looked for this in the source tree but could not identify the offending
> GPC code. What I suspect is that the license we are looking at (
> http://www.getpaint.net/license.html) is for the current version (3.36) of
> Paint.NET which _may_ indeed include GPC while the mono paint tree that we
> are building (http://code.google.com/p/paint-mono/) was last synched from
> upstream over one year ago and is currently stuck on 3.00; mono paint is
> currently unable to resync because the code does not seem to be available
> from upstream Paint.NET anymore making mono paint look more like a fork of
> Paint.NET than a port to mono, see message below from the project lead.

Hmm. Does mono-paint have the same license text inside of it? If it
could be shown that mono paint forked from Paint.NET before the GPC code
was merged, then this would be a non issue, but if the license text in
mono paint has the GPC licensing in it, it is safe to assume that
happened pre fork.

~spot