[Fedora-legal-list] CeCILL licenses

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:56:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Michel Salim wrote:
>
>> CeCILL-B (BSD) is like the BSD license with advertising, which I guess
>> rules it out from Fedora.
>
> It does not.
>
>> Could the legal team look into this? The license is INRIA-originated,
>> so it's possible that in the future, more INRIA software (such as
>> Bigloo, already in Fedora) might switch over.
>>

> Cecill is already listed at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing

I must be blind. Thanks. I'll let upstream knows -- AFAIK they are
using Scheme2Js as a component in something that is currently
GPL-licensed, and CeCILL-C is listed as *in*compatible with GPLv2.

Is there any more information about the reason CeCILL-C conflicts with
GPL? For B it's the advertising clause, I guess.

Thanks,

--
miʃel salim  •  http://hircus.jaiku.com/
IUCS         •  msalim at cs.indiana.edu