[Fedora-legal-list] Linux firmware

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue May 5 14:11:49 UTC 2009

On May  5, 2009, "Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/04/2009 10:23 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>>> but it is probably something that we could try to address with
>>
>> Nope.

> Perhaps you should do that as the logical next step.

That would make sense if people in general could set apart message from
messenger.  In my experience, few people do :-(

My reasoning is that it would be better for someone who's less likely to
evoke a hostile reaction.  Because of some of my beliefs, people tend to
assume I'm saying or writing things I'm not, assume everything I do is
about one particular issue, and react explosively to their faulty
assumptions.  I've seen that stuff quite recently ;-)

So, no, I'm not going to spoil that possibility by trying to do it
myself.  I've already got a fix for the problem that I'm reasonably
happy with.  Fixing it upstream, where such fixes are not wanted, is
your preference, not mine, so I'll leave that for you to pursue.

Thanks,