[Fedora-legal-list] License tag to use for CC0 1.0 Universal?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Nov 17 19:01:50 UTC 2009

TC> It probably merits a separate entry, because it is a rather thorough
TC> public domain declaration.

Does this have any of the issues that public domain has with respect to
people who live in countries where they cannot disclaim all of their
rights?  It looks like it doesn't with the "to the extent allowable by
law" clause.  If that's the case, should we recommend that folks use CC0
instead of simple public domain declarations when there have been issues
with the latter?  I know in the past folks have suggested "something
like the WTFPL" for French citizens who wished to release code to the
public domain but could not.

 - J<