[Fedora-legal-list] FDClone license

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 16:26:40 UTC 2009

On 10/22/2009 05:32 PM, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:

> So I tried to translate the Japanese FDclone license into English
> by myself. I hope that my translation will be more readable.
>
> http://mtasaka.fedorapeople.org/Review_request/FDclone/LICENSE.en.retranslated.txt

It is more readable, but unfortunately, it is still not clear to me
whether that license is acceptable or not.

Can you ask the license author the following questions?

* When Fedora redistributes code (binary or source) under the FDClone
license (secondary (or more) distribution or circulation), is it a
requirement that Fedora _must_ follow the steps in section 9 (Procedure
for Circulation Registration)? Or is it optional?

I think that having the answer to those questions will help us determine
whether it is acceptable or not.

Thanks,

~tom