doughnuts on a fish hook

Charles Bronson packetgeek at chuckiechanboys.com
Thu Aug 28 02:17:34 UTC 2003

------- SNIP ------

> Looks like Red Hat is a step ahead of you.

Holy cow!!! I'm a damn genious... just a little behind the curve at it ;-)

OK, I know I've looked at those price lists and options(at the above link)
before. I guess in all the other stuff I've been working on it slipped out of my
brain. In light of so much of the broohaha(sp?) about WS licensing cost that has
gone one here recently I have only one comment... $299 for a seat license and
year of phone/web support! QUIT BITCHING ABOUT LICENSING COSTS!!! One per
incident call to Microsoft will damn near equal that and I have invoices to
prove it. Furthermore that price isn't even a volume discount.

Sorry I went a little over the edge there. But licensing costs are a near and
dear subject for me right now as we are fighting to replace our *very* dated
Microsoft products with Linux.

--
(¬_    Some days you're the windshield    >o)
//\    Some days you're the bug...        /\\