File systems

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Sat Aug 2 20:12:07 UTC 2003

On 1 Aug 2003, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 15:56, Jaime Diaz wrote:
> > I would love the possibility of choosing other filesystems besides ext2 and
> > ext3. Specifically ReiserFS.

> Seriously, at least read the archives before this kind of post.  It's
> been said that other file systems are not offered because of quality and
> development/testing time.

More specifically now that Red Hat Inc still does all the work
on Red Hat Linux we simply don't want to commit ourselves to
doing so much work that we would no longer have time left to
get the quality right.

Of course, once the distribution has moved to an open source
development model it will be possible to support reiserfs, as
long as people volunteer to do that work...