An official trademark policy for CheapBytes-type RHL CDs?

Charles Bronson packetgeek at chuckiechanboys.com
Mon Aug 18 00:59:08 UTC 2003

James J. Ramsey wrote:
> --- Charles Bronson <packetgeek at chuckiechanboys.com>
> wrote:
>>but rather that customers from the other distributers
>>expected the same level of
>>technical support(free) that the people who bought
>>an official boxed received.
>

> But now Red Hat won't be selling official boxes *at
> all*, let alone ones with the privilege of tech
> support. That changes the landscape dramatically.

Other issues aside(because I'm afraid I was pushing the discussion OT), this
still doesn't solve the problem of people buying third party disc's then calling
RH tech support expecting free assistance and then getting pissed at RH because
they have to pay for the help. If the third party vendors find a workable way to
overcome this I'll bet RH will be ecstatic to resolve this issue.

--
(¬_    Some days you're the windshield    >o)
//\    Some days you're the bug...        /\\